The East London club for all kinds of sports cycling

Watching the Tour de France in the Alps, July 2006

Are you interested in seeing 3 of the Alpine stages of the Tour de France in 2006 and seeing the likes of Ullrich & Basso battling up the legendary Tour climbs of the Alpe d'Huez and the Colomberie ?

If so please read on :

I have one chalet already booked which is close to the ski resort of La Clusaz and very close to the climbs on the final alpine stage. This chalet (Les Martinets) sleeps 6 people but is already potentially fully booked (3 people of the 6 who expressed interest have already paid their deposit) but as many others have subsequently expressed interest I have found another chalet, Chalet Gingembre, close by which is still available (see www.francechalet.co.uk) . This chalet sleeps 10 people and costs £1200 for the week.

I'm trying to find somebody else who has time to co-ordinate this but I will book this chalet (before it is snapped up by somebody else) if I get sufficient interest from club members backed up by financial commitment. I will need 10 people each paying £50 deposit to me before 1st December in order to secure this accommodation otherwise this opportunity may well be lost. The balance of £70 would be payable in April.

The chalets are 8 hours drive from Calais and can be reached in a day from home. The cheapest way to travel would be to share a car with 1 or 2 others (bikes on the roof rack) and share costs. Current ferry prices are approximately £100 if booked before 31/12 but will double in price after this date.

Let me know if you're interested by sending me your cheque for £50 by the 1st December.

Sean Kerrigan